New Do

New Do

Monday, August 11, 2008

August Update

Apologies for the long delay in updating. Kathy has been on a bit of a roller coaster ride and I think I was just waiting for things to calm down a bit. Since the last post, she's been cleared of the MRSA, had her incision site restitched twice, she took a ride to the hospital in an ambulance with suspicious chest pain, and determined that what they thought might be a pulmonary embolism was most likely excruciating pain from her tissue expander being deflated (to help the incision heal.) That was the quick version of the last few weeks. I know it's been hard on Kathy and the whole family... It's never fun to watch the paramedics load your mother into an ambulance. But, thankfully, they are on vacation with the Kerrigans up in Maine and, I hope, relaxing and just enjoying each other. All they need - like the rest of us - is a little sunshine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Nice to hear they are on vacation now and hope they get good weather! Kirsten

Liz said...

Kathy and family and Jennie - I've just caught myself up with your blog after finishing my treatments on August 11th....and while I'm feeling a bit guilty that my trial was less 'eventful' than yours is - I wanted to send you all my positive energy and thoughts to help you carry on....I've admired you, Kathy, from the start - keeping up all your activities - I'm much like you and tried to do the same, and know how hard it can be just to not be 'you' - but I also know the benefit and healing power of friends, family, and strangers (which to you I am) - so count me in - call on me to scream or cry or come over and compare hairlength! There will be an end and it will be triumphant!

Liz Wilson (207)384-3331

Doris said...

Sending positive thoughts your way and hoping September is a better month for everyone!!
Doris