New Do

New Do

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2009- a new year!

Wow! I can't believe that is has been 3 months since my last post. I was so busy with the fundraiser,Thanksgiving, Christmas and radiation. I began radiation on Novermber 10th and had to go every day. Things went pretty well until almost the end of treatment. My skin got badly burned and the incision from the June surgery opened up and became infected. I ended up having surgery on New Year's eve. That night I forced myself to stay up and welcome in the new year with the hope that 2009 would bring a positive recovery, strength and good health. The surgery was done one week after stopping radiation, which is not the best time to operate, and the outcome was uncertain. But things are going great! Dr. Marble did such a good job and my surgical site is healing beautifully. So, other than my follow up appointments, I'm finally done! It has been a long and difficult year and I thank all of you for your continued love and support. I can not speak highly enough about the care and treatment I received from everyone at Exeter Hospital. Thank you all.
With hope and gratitude, Kathy

p.s. during my chemo haze I lent my ski equipment out to someone who stopped by the house to drop off food last winter and was going skiing and was going to have to rent equipment. The problem is I can not remember who I lent my equipment to. I have very little feet, so there are not many people who could fit into my boots. So maybe some of you could check your garage or basement and see if you have some extra downhill ski equipment floating around. The skiis are shaped Elans and the boots are new so I don't remember the brand. With that I also lent out my ski pants and a boot bag! I'm hoping they will turn up somewhere! I would love to get a little skiing in THIS winter! Thanks.

No comments: