New Do

New Do

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Funny Boys and Healing

Abby and I went over to Kathy's today. She was released from the hospital on Friday night and has been taking it easy these last two days. The visiting nurses are keeping tabs on the clot and the meds with visits and blood tests. Kathy seemed in decent spirits when we got there, and then Jon and Sam came down and just started making us all laugh. They told us the nickname they have for Paul, told us some funny stories and just brought a lightness into the room that was good medicine for me, and I'm not dealing with what Kathy is. She clearly gets so much pleasure and joy from her children, little and big, and they are the best medicine.

Kathy is even more beautiful now than I can remember her being with long hair. I love her cute little G.I. Jane hair and I'm just happy to see her with a smile on her face. She's been through so many set-backs in the last month or so. The good news is that it appears that the infection is getting much better and there is no urgency to get the radiation started.

I know Kathy was so grateful to Dr. McGee, Dr. Marple and Dr. Itkin for their kindness and care over the last few days - maybe they'll read this and see how much it means to Kathy that they go out of their way to care for her as the whole person she is.

No comments: